In an on-going effort to reach communities throughout California, IMPACT continues to develop and maintain alliances with organizations that assist the low-income, uninsured, and underinsured men of the state. IMPACT is fortunate to count the following organizations among its community partners.
California Prostate Cancer Coalition (CPCC)The CPCC is a non-profit organization dedicated to making prostate cancer a key public health care priority in California. Their goals are to:
- Disseminate information related to prostate cancer.
- Advocate for prostate cancer legislation and funding
- Advocate for the highest quality of life for prostate cancer patients
- Perform outreach to and involve all communities
- Overcome cultural barriers to proper care and treatment for prostate cancer.
The CPCC publishes a bimonthly newsletter and maintains a website which includes a directory of statewide prostate cancer support groups and resources. They also conduct an annual workshop for prostate cancer support group leaders.