The IMPACT Clinical Team
Going through prostate cancer treatment can be a difficult and scary experience. That is why the IMPACT program in California provides each patient with services of an IMPACT Clinical Team. The IMPACT Clinical Team acts as the patient's guide and helper throughout the course of his prostate cancer treatment.
The IMPACT Clinical Team will:
- Provide patients with information about prostate cancer, treatment choices and how to prepare for treatment. These materials will help patients understand their choices for prostate cancer treatment and will help patients work with their physician to choose the best treatment for them.
- Coordinate a patient's prostate cancer treatment with his doctors.
- Help patients make prostate cancer treatment appointments.
- Help patients solve problems that come up during treatment for prostate cancer.
- Provide patients with information about the many different types of services provided by the IMPACT program.
- Coordinate and keep patients informed about IMPACT services.
IMPACT Clinical Teams are skilled in helping patients deal with the issues and feelings they go through before, during and after they receive treatment. They are available to listen and help patients receive the best care possible.
As one patient says, "the IMPACT Clinical Teams are like your personal angels. They are here to make a patients treatment as easy as possible."